The key to ISC’s search model is that it ensures recruitment decisions are made only after evaluating the largest possible pool of qualified, experienced and suitable people. We conduct targeted national and international recruitment campaigns to identify senior and key people in industry that can add value to our client’s businesses.
The innovative search techniques we use not only utilise social media but also specific targeted networking and industry research that goes well beyond the lists of people freely available through the internet. We represent our clients in a mature and professional manner through our executive search consultants who have delivered successful recruitment campaigns.
Another benefit of search is that it is a way to gather market intelligence that assists businesses to benchmark their own teams, their remuneration and reward strategies and their brand.
The following is a snapshot of our search process:
- It is crucial that ISC consultants fully understand the requirements and dimensions of a prospective assignment – how it impacts on current objectives, future goals and relationships both inside and outside of the company. Our consultants will determine the essential requirements of the position with respect to skills, knowledge and experience, behavioural characteristics, organisational culture and significant business challenges. Then ISC will develop an approved assignment/project specification, including analysis of company structure and an outline of the inherent criteria of an exemplary candidate. Factors such as personal style, position accountabilities, agreed behavioural competencies, remuneration and conditions will be taken into consideration.
- Finding the right employee is achieved through a combination of activities inclusive of research, networking and database. The consultant will first present the client with a broad outline of potential talent. Then, considering information collected from the client as well as other biographical and work-related intelligence, this long-list will be narrowed to a workable short-list.
- Identified candidates are presented with the job opportunity. When there is genuine interest, ISC employs a proven screening process based on the understanding that “past performance is indeed the best predictor of future performance”. Included in the screening process is appropriate and relevant psychometric testing and reference checking with up to five referees.
- Because of the successful working relationship ISC develops with both its clients and candidates, we are well placed to assist our clients with the negotiation and facilitation of contracts of employment ensuring open and constructive dialogue between the two parties.
Our search process has provided us with exceptional results over recent years. Since 2007, we have achieved a search completion rate of over 92%, and now close to 80% of our new assignments are with clients we have worked with previously. Not only are our clients satisfied but so are the candidates we place, in fact 93% of the candidates we have placed over the last two years are still in place. What follows is a diverse selection of our successful searches for talent:
- Group General Manager Finance – Mid Tier Construction Company, NPI and Commercial
- Chief Executive Officer – Junior Mining Companies, Gold and Base Metals
- Director of Operations – National Mining Contractor
- Project Director – Mining Contracting Company
- Chief Operating Officer – Mid Sized Mining Company, Africa
- Construction Manager – International Resources Company Indonesia, Gold
- General Manager – National Environmental Consultancy
- Human Resources Manager – National Transport, Supply and Logistics Specialist
- Occupational Health and Safety Manager – International Resources Company Africa, Gold
- Project Managers and Directors – Local National and International EPCM companies
- Project Manager – Junior Mining Company
- Area Manager – National Mining Contractor
- Senior Mining Engineer – Mid Sized Mining Company, Australia & Africa
- Marketing Manager – Legal and Business Services
- Estimating Manager and Estimators – NPI Construction Engineering Company
- Offshore Installation Managers – International Oil & Gas Company
- Human Resources Manager – Mid Sized International Mining Company
- Resourcing Manager – Leading Oil & Gas and Mining Construction Company
- General Manager – Automotive Wholesale Parts and Services
- Project Director, West Coast – Heavy Engineering
- Operations Manager Rail – Blue chip International Multi Commodity Mining Company
- Technical Sales Manager – Specialist Engineering and Mine Services Business