Our client is a specialist logistics business at an exciting stage of growth; they provide integrated transport services throughout Australia and the company is seeking an experienced Operations Manager to join their growing team. The business delivers services to a variety of sectors including but not limited to Agriculture, Mining, Mineral Processing, Earthmoving and Contracting sectors.
This is a key management role and we are seeking an individual with 10+ years of experience in strategic planning, improving operational efficiency, team building and project management, with proven skills and exposure to the transport and logistics industry sector.
Key responsibilities include:
- Management and continuous improvement of operational plans including depot, yard and business.
- Provide strategic input and liaise with senior management and Board members.
- Assist with preparation and control of operational budgets and financial statements.
- Improve and maintain processes and policies in support of organisational goals.
- Establish organisational structures and work schedules, including staff management and human resources (recruitment, training, employee performance and discipline).
- Coordinate compliance of operating procedures and ensure regulations for each state and territory for the transport industry are sustained and upkeep company best practice.
- Engage with clients and business partners to build long term opportunities and growth for the company.
Ideally, you will possess qualifications in Business, Commerce and/or Project Management, with a track record of success in transport, logistics and freight management. You will have solid skills in people management, fair work legislation and OH&S practices, as well as in-depth knowledge of permit applications and complex equipment permit requirements.
The successful appointee will be able to quickly understand complex concepts, identify and solve problems, turn ideas into logical strategies, and implement systems that optimise productivity and customer satisfaction, decrease vacancy rates and increase bottom line.
Excellent communication skills, ability to demonstrate resilience and show composure, whilst working well under pressure with multiple priorities is required. You will be someone who thrives on driving operational business functions within a supportive and growing team environment.
To enquire about this position please call Colin Mewburn on 0411 075 423 or click on the apply button below, alternatively email your written application to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be considered in strict confidence.